Thursday, November 25, 2010

and yes i have to change

time indeed flies.
have you ever question yourself; why i (still) seem to be the person i was years ago? why am i (still) doing the same mistakes i did years ago? why the same cycle of my life is (still) going on? or even, why am i becoming worse person than before?

have you?
i (still) do.

answering those questions isnt easy. there are times when even i cant handle myself well. or times when i think i am insane being O.O

lucky me, God again has spoken their words to me that His grace is more than just forgiving, it does empower me too. i have ever read all the verses mentioned during the sermon last sunday, but they never be revealed to me in such a way. i know that God gives me abundance in love and blessings, i know that His grace is enough to forgive my sin no matter how big it is, i also know that i need to fulfill a purpose God has prepared for me. but, God knows that i cant do these all alone too! :s

God's grace empowers me.
there is so much more in being a Christian. even after i accept Jesus as my Savior, been baptised, done som, do ministry at church; i still sin, and day by day it is getting much more T.T

God wants me to grow.
He would not let me staying as an 'old' me. He wants me to win over my bad habits, my sinful thoughts, my evil heart. i need to fight myself. no, not with my own power. but, i have to do my part. empower doesnt mean that it happens automatically, it means, it helps you, supports you, gives you more power to overcome things. i will still need to drag myself from my lovely bed + doona to pray, i will need to keep my eyes open to read the bible and ponder the words, i will still need to keep my mouth shut from saying anything bad about others *complain less!*, i will still need to use my time more wisely doing good things rather than sleeping and slacking. and so on and so on.

to talk about the finish line? i cant answer, i dont know. i cant fix my imperfections by myself..

but He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness'. therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. -- 2 cor 12:9

keep looking at the Cross (':

No comments: